Home > About Us > School Safety
Westwood Secondary School believes in providing out students with a safe and secure environment for their holiostic development. To achieve this purpose, we seek strong collaboration with parents and the community (SWDCC, SCDF, NPC and CCs)
Safety Policies and Guidelines
Safety policies and Guidelines are communicated to all staff and pupils at the beginning of each work year.
The School Safety Committee, headed by the Vice-Principal and assisted by HOD PE/CCA, oversees the development and review of school safety issues at the school level.
General Safety Precautions
- Safety briefings are conducted to all pupils with regard to the following:
i. Exemptions due to medical reasons - Medical clearance obtained for severely overweight and underweight pupils from the School Health Service before engaging them in any health programme
ii. Inclement weather (Lightning, Haze)
iii. Heat related (Heat stroke/Heat Exhaustion) and other injuries
iv. Waterborne activities
v. Use of sports equipment
vi. West Zone & National Inter-school competitions
- SOP for emergency in both indoor and outdoor settings
- Minimum of 2 adult supervisors observed for activities that need close supervisors (e.g Learning Journey, adventure training)
- All outdoor adventure facilities and conduct of activities are endorsed by CCAB and are conducted in accordance to the relevant Standard Operating Procedures and/or guidelines for the specified activities.
- Risk Assessment Management System(RAMS) is conducted prior to any activities, by a team of people, including service providers/local guides (if applicable), who collectively have adequate knowledge of the nature of the activity and the environment involved.
- All students are insured under the NTUC Income Student Protection Plan. This is a 24-hour worldwide coverage.
- Fire & evacuation drills are conducted to familiarise students with real-time emergencies.
- The school has trained first aid personnel with valid First Aid Certification.
Traffic Management Plan
Please download Westwood Secondary School Traffic Management Plan here.
- The school seeks to be involved in events and activities with community partners in desseminating messages of safety and security, e.g. the Community Safety and Security Programme (CSSP) initiated by the Community Club and Neighborhood Polic Centre.
- The school collaborates with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) in conducting talks on fire safety at homes and emergency and fire drills.
- The Neighborhood Police Centre (NPC) conducts talks for students to raise awareness on neighborhood watch programmes and how they can participate to ensure a secure environment.
For further information and clarifications, please do contact us at our website (http://www.westwoodsec.moe.edu.sg) or call us at 6792 9737.