Instructions for DSA Application
Phase 1: Registration
Applicants who are currently studying in MOE schools
- Click here to submit your online application.
- For hard copy submission, please obtain a DSA Application Form from Westwood Administrative Office during office hours.
Applicants who are not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools e.g. Special Education Schools, Madrasahs, San Yu Adventist School, or are home schooled, Returning Singaporeans and International Students studying overseas or local international schools
- Please obtain a Registration Number from MOE Customer Service Centre (CSC) in order to apply for DSA.
- With the Registration Number, you may click here to submit your online application.
- All International Students to
take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they are considered
for DSA-Sec allocation. International Students who do not meet the AEIS
requirement will not be considered for DSA-Sec allocation
AEIS website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/international-students/admissions-exercise
- Only shortlisted candidates will proceed to Phase 2A.
Phase 2A: Simulation Challenge / Audition
All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a simulation challenge / audition. Please refer to Key Dates for the date and time.
- Applicants who apply for DSA in Westwood’s Applied Learning Programme (Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship) will undergo a simulation challenge
- Candidates will be put through 2 group/team tasks involving creativity and problem solving.
- Candidates are required to propose a solution and/or make recommendations that could possibly contribute to improvement.
- Candidates are required to make a 2-minute team presentation on their ideas/solutions/recommendations.
- Applications who apply for DSA in Westwood’s Learning for Life Programme (Arts for Life!) will have to go through audition in the specific art form:
- Concert Band
- Candidates will prepare one music piece of their choice for the audition.
- Candidates might be asked to play only part of the prepared piece during the audition. They must provide a copy of the music score on audition day.
- Sight-reading exercises will be administered.
- Candidates are to bring their own instrument for the audition
- International Dance
- Candidates are required to put up a 1-minute dance item.
- Candidates will prepare the dance track for the audition. They must provide a copy of the dance track on audition day.
- Show Choir
- Candidates are required to put up a song item of their choice for the audition.
- Candidates might be asked to sing only part of the song during the audition. They must provide a copy of the song on audition day.
- Basic aural and range tests will be administered.
- Visual Arts
- Candidates are required to produce a piece of artwork on the spot, which can be pencil drawing or poster painting. Basic materials will be provided by the school. Candidates are expected to bring along any other special art materials that they need on audition day.
- A short critique session to share on the creation process and considerations might be conducted.
- Candidates are required to bring along their portfolio.
Phase 2B: Dialogue Session
Applicants who are shortlisted from the Simulation Challenge / Audition in Phase 2A will be invited to attend a Dialogue Session. These shortlisted candidates are required to submit a photocopy of the following documents on the day of the dialogue session:
- Primary 5 End-of-Year and Primary 6 Mid-Year Examination results
- Any other supporting testimonials, documents or portfolio
- The decision of the DSA-Sec application interview panel is FINAL
- Westwood Secondary reserves the right not to reveal the reasons for the non-selection of applicants
- Successful applicants who have accepted the DSA-Sec application are NOT allowed to participate in the 2019 Secondary One Posting Exercise
- Successful applicants who have accepted the DSA-Sec application are NOT allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results
|Start of DSA Exercise||7 May 2018|
|DSA Events||Westwood DSA Open House - 23 May 2018 (Wednesday)|
* Westwood’s Applied Learning Programme – “Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship”
# Westwood’s Learning for Life Programme – “Arts for Life!”
Westwood DSA Talk - 27 July 2018 (Tuesday) @ 6.30pm
Participation is by invitation only. For more details, please contact your child’s/ward’s primary school or contact us directly at 6792 9737 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to register for the talk.
Closing date for registration: 14 July 2018 (Saturday)
|Closing date for DSA Application ||31 July 2018|
|DSA Selection||Phase 2A: Simulation Challenge / Audition|
17 August 2018 @ 3.00 pm
Phase 2B: Dialogue Session
21 August 2018 @ 3.00 pm
|DSA Results Release||All applicants will be informed of the DSA outcome by 31 August 2018|
Parents and students are strongly encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student's aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools' academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
For further clarifications and enquiries, please contact Westwood at:
Telephone Number: 6792 9737
Email Address: email@example.com
For email inquiry, please indicate “DSA 2018” as the opening subject title of your email.