|Name of Programme / Event
||Date / Month
||Objectives of Programme / Event
To showcase the Guitar Ensemble and to attract the Sec 1s by performing various pieces. A booth is also set-up where members will have a sing-a-long session and allow the Sec 1s to have a feel on how guitar is being played.
|Chinese New Year Concert ||Jan||The Guitar Ensemble performs for the school as part of the Chinese New Year Concert. The students hone their confidence by entertaining the audience with familiar pop songs and Chinese New Year melodies. |
Projects||Semester 2||The Guitar Ensemble will be
embarking in various VIA projects to give back to the community. Thus, our
members will develop a sense of ownerships over how they contribute to the
|Annual Bonding &
||Oct / Nov
The annual camp is held during the Year-End holiday so as
- to forge a stronger relationship and bondingamong the students from sec 1 – sec 3 through fun and games.
- to provide opportunity to the sec 3s to practice their leadership skills by empowering them to plan and run activities themselves.
- to nurture and identify potential leaders and provide them with the necessary skills for future appointment in guitar.
Leadership Camp (organized by CCAB) ||Nov||Selected student leaders will attend a nationwide leadership camp for them to |
- Be trained in Basic Conducting, Classical Guitar Technique, Rehearsal
- Learn techniques, Score Reading and Body Percussion
- Know how to conduct student-led ensemble practice sessions
|Preparation for CCA Fair 2021 – Introduction of new songs ||Sept – Dec ||Preparation for the CCA Fair
for the following year. |