|Name of Programme / Event
||Date / Month
||Objectives of Programme / Event
To showcase the Guitar Ensemble and to attract the Sec 1s by performing various pieces. A booth is also set-up where members will have a sing-a-long session and allow the Sec 1s to have a feel on how guitar is being played.
|Chinese New Year Concert ||Jan||The Guitar Ensemble performs for the school as part of the Chinese New Year Concert. The students hone their confidence by entertaining the audience with familiar pop songs and Chinese New Year melodies. |
|Workshop with Mr. Touro Kobayashi from Japan ||Mar||The four hours workshop allows the students to get valuable feedback on how to improve on the articulation and dynamics on the set piece for their Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Competition.|
|Exchange with other school Guitar Ensemble||Mar||The four hours workshop allows
the students to get valuable feedback on how to improve on the articulation and
dynamics on the set piece for their Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Competition. |
| 2021 Singapore Youth Festival||Apr||The Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) is an annual event organised by the Ministry of Education to celebrate the achievements of our youths in their co-curricular activities (CCAs). Starting in April and culminating in a month-long celebration in July, the SYF will engage students from schools across Singapore involved in the performing arts, sports and uniformed group CCAs.|
|Annual Bonding & Training Camp||Oct/Nov|
The annual camp is held during the Year-End holiday so as
- to forge a stronger relationship and bondingamong the students from sec 1 – sec 3 through fun and games.
- to provide opportunity to the sec 3s to practice their leadership skills by empowering them to plan and run activities themselves.
- to nurture and identify potential leaders and provide them with the necessary skills for future appointment in guitar.
|Guitar Ensemble Leadership Camp (organized by CCAB)||Nov|| Selected student leaders will attend a nationwide leadership camp for them to |
- Be trained in Basic Conducting, Classical Guitar Technique, Rehearsal
- Learn techniques, Score Reading and Body Percussion
- Know how to conduct student-led ensemble practice sessions
|Preparation for CCA Fair 2022 – Introduction of new songs ||Sept – Dec ||Preparation for the CCA Fair
for the following year. |