|Name of Programme / Event
||Date / Month
||Objectives of Programme / Event
To showcase the Guitar Ensemble and to attract the Sec 1s by performing various pieces. A booth is also set-up where members will have a sing-a-long session and allow the Sec 1s to have a feel on how guitar is being played.
|Workshop with Mr. Touro Kobayashi from Japan||Mar ||The four hours
workshop allows the students to get valuable feedback on how to improve on the
articulation and dynamics on the set piece for their Singapore Youth Festival
|Exchange with other
school Guitar Ensemble||Mar||Building up to the Singapore Youth Festival (SYF), the Guitar Ensemble will be going on exchange with other schools to share good practices and techniques on how to improve their individual playing. |
|2019 Singapore Youth Festival
At School of the Arts (SOTA) || Apr||The Singapore Youth
Festival (SYF) is an annual event organised by the Ministry of Education to
celebrate the achievements of our youths in their co-curricular activities
(CCAs). Starting in April and culminating in a month-long celebration in July,
the SYF will engage students from schools across Singapore involved in the
performing arts, sports and uniformed group CCAs. |
Projects||Semester 2||The Guitar Ensemble will be
embarking in various VIA projects to give back to the community. Thus, our
members will develop a sense of ownerships over how they contribute to the
|Annual Bonding &
||Oct / Nov
The annual camp is held during the Year-End holiday so as
- to forge a stronger relationship and bondingamong the students from sec 1 – sec 3 through fun and games.
- to provide opportunity to the sec 3s to practice their leadership skills by empowering them to plan and run activities themselves.
- to nurture and identify potential leaders and provide them with the necessary skills for future appointment in guitar.
Leadership Camp (organized by CCAB) ||Nov||Selected student leaders will attend a nationwide leadership camp for them to |
- Be trained in Basic Conducting, Classical Guitar Technique, Rehearsal
- Learn techniques, Score Reading and Body Percussion
- Know how to conduct student-led ensemble practice sessions
|Preparation for CCA Fair 2020 – Introduction of new songs ||Sept – Dec ||Preparation for the CCA Fair
for the following year. |