Home > About Us > School Safety
In Westwood Secondary School, we believe in providing our students and staff with a safe and secure environment for holistic development and work. To achieve this purpose, we seek strong collaboration with parents and the community.
Safety Policies and Guidelines
Safety policies and Guidelines are communicated to all staff and pupils at the beginning of each work year.
The School Safety Committee, headed by a Vice-Principal and assisted by various HODs, oversees the development and review of all school safety matters.
General Safety Precautions
- Safety briefings are conducted to all students on the following areas:
- Safety in school e.g. in Special Rooms, during Recess, during Physical Activities and Road safety in the school compound.
- Safety outside school e.g. while commuting to and from school using public, private transport or by cycling, during Learning Journeys, Outdoor Camps and Overseas Trips.
- Exemptions due to medical reasons - Medical clearance obtained for severely overweight and underweight pupils from the School Health Service before engaging them in any health programme.
- Inclement weather (Lightning, Haze).
- Heat related (Heat stroke/Heat exhaustion) and other injuries.
- Waterborne activities.
- Use of sports equipment.
- National School Games.
Traffic Management Plan
Please download Westwood Secondary School Traffic Management Plan here.
The school seeks to collaborate with community partners in training and disseminating messages on safety, security and emergency preparedness:
- The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) in conducting fire evacuation drills for the school population and the Community Emergency Preparedness Programme (CEPP) to train school staff in basic First-Aid, CPR and firefighting skills.
- The Singapore Police Force (SPF) on SGSecure matters.
- The Singapore Road Safety Council, Traffic Police, Land Transport Authority and Town Council on road safety matters.
For further information and clarifications, please do contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6792 9737.