Discipline is the cornerstone on which a positive school for teaching and learning is built. Westwood adopts a whole-school approach to discipline and views student discipline from a holistic and developmental perspective that goes beyond rules and consequences. Discipline in Westwood is an educative process where we aim to instill self-discipline and good character in our students. We also focus on the teaching of Socio-Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies such as self-management, self-awareness and responsible decision making. This is to build a community that promotes positive student behaviors and relationships in support of their learning and growth.
Responsibility of every Westwoodian
- Treat others as you would wish them to treat you – with politeness, respect and consideration
- Take advantage of opportunities offered and learn to the best of your ability
- Contribute to a clean, safe and positive environment that facilitates teaching, learning and personal development
- Maintain good personal hygiene and grooming at all times
- Uphold the name of Westwood
School Rules and Regulation
Rules and regulations help students understand what constitutes acceptable personal and social behavior. Besides learning, the school is also a community where respectful and caring relationships are formed and nurtured.
Click here for the School Rules & Regulation.